ipassword to 1Password

Options
AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: iPassword on iPhone 6+ no longer syncs with my 2 Macs with El Capitan.

Comments

• phylrick
    phylrick
    Community Member
    Options

I have ipassword....that's i not 1..... on my iphone. been using it for a couple years with little or no problems.Now my wifewants the passwords on her Dell PC . I have been looking everywhere for a way to import the data from ipassword to 1password. Everytime I look I get 1password answers like ipassword doesn't exsist!! Is there any way to export from ipassword as a csv or whatever 1password will accept???

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@phylrick: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion since the other was regarding syncing.

I did some searching but wasn't able to figure out if "ipassword" allows data export. If you can export the data, it may be possible to use @MrC 's converter on a computer and then import the data into 1Password. If, however, "ipassword" does not allow you to export the data, you'll need to enter it manually into 1Password. Please let me know what you find!

• phylrick
    phylrick
    Community Member
    Options

I have to say I am totally frustrated with ipassword vs 1password. You search for info and 1password comes up you ask a question and 1password comes up its like ipassword never exsisted. Now I have all my passwords in the damn app and can't get them out to change to ANYTHING. I paid for 1password and so far have not used it because 300 passwords are in ipassword and manual transfer makes me say thanks ipassword another crap app. Your MrC's converter also does not list ipassword....surprize surprize. Also when I backup ipassword to the cloud it dissappears.....can't find it on any cloud period. Have to use DropBox. My suggestion is if you get any AgileBits software.....BEWARE

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@phylrick,

Does ipassword provide a way to export your passwords in an un-encrypted way? I don't believe it does, but I haven't looked in at least a year.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@phylrick You seem to be blaming AgileBits (makers of 1Password) for problems created by the makers of a totally different program.

You bought ipassword, and it seems that ipassword won't let you export the passwords it has stored. So there's nothing AgileBits (or MrC) can do.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danco: To be fair, if their support is nonexistent, we may be the only audience available. :(

@phylrick: We don't have any control over other companies' products, but we're always happy to help you if you have any questions about 1Password. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.