Default password criteria

ketchuphed
ketchuphed
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Is it possible to change the defaults of the generated password in the 1Password 6 Beta? It always defaults to 6 characters, and I would like it to change this as I have to manually set it at every newly generated password.

1Password Version: 6.0.169d
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ketchuphed: Indeed, we definitely want to improve this — both for better defaults, and retaining user settings. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: OPW6-317

• Praxum
    Praxum
    Community Member

I second the comment. At least make the defaults bigger and more complicated than 6 characters, at least 1 number and at least 1 symbol.

• Praxum
    Praxum
    Community Member

I would also like to see a way to have a pick list of various character subsets. I know it is not your limit that sites have funky rules but at least we could use the families site to know that site X, wants > 10 char, >1 number and Symbols must be (-,.?) but no others. That site Y allows > 8 Char (must have upcase), > 2 num, >1 Symbol and allows (!@#$%^&*())+) but not / or .

thanks.

• MikeT
    edited July 2016

Hi @Prxaum,

We are going to change our default settings in a future update when we start polishing up the interface and putting on small touches on everything.

As for the ability to store password "profiles" per site, it is something we've been dreaming about for a while and wish to add to 1Password in the future.

This discussion has been closed.