Running different versions on multiple devices

Options
sjaffe
sjaffe
Community Member

I have a Mac (OS 10.9.5) and for various reasons have no plans to update the OS. I have been running 1Password 4 on it for a few years. I recently bought an Android Tablet and want to sync my 1Password database so I can use the same passwords on the tablet. I plan to use Dropbox. My questions: 1. What is the version of 1Password for Android? 2. Will I have problems running the latest version of 1Password on the tablet but the legacy version of 1Password on the Mac? 3. Are there any other issues that I need to be concerned about in cross-platform use? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:versions

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjaffe ,
    The current Android version of 1Password is 6.x. It is compatible with your version 4 on the Mac.
    You can synchronise the two devices via Dropbox or WLAN by following these instructions.
    Please be advised that, if you wish to add or edit data via your Android tablet, you will need to purchase the 1Password Pro version via an in-app option.
    If you wish to share 1Password data on more than two devices, or with multiple family members / colleagues, you might want to look at 1Password Families / 1Password Teams

Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sjaffe: I'll only add that while we've made a lot of improvements to Wi-Fi Sync (from the server end) in 1Password for Mac version 6, 1Password 4 won't have the benefit of any of that, and we don't test legacy versions with the newer apps — in this case 1Password for Android version 6. With that in mind, I'd definitely recommend Dropbox in this case, and also in general as it will allow you to sync between any mix of devices automatically. And if you're going to do your editing on the Mac, you may not need the Pro upgrade on Android. But you'll have 30 days to try it to help you decide. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! Dropbox is just less hassle, if you ask me. Be sure to reach out if you have any other questions. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.