Authorized Devices

Robs
Robs
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Families

I bought a new MacBook recently and completely erased the HDD of my old one. Now I wanted to delete my old Laptop from the list of authorized devices, but which one is it (see attached picture)? Both say "Safari Mac OS X El Capitan". Would be great if it also gave some more infos like "last logged in", so you could easily tell which one's the old one.

EDIT:
Just figured out, when you try to delete the browser you're currently in, it'll show a message that you can't delete this one. Would be less confusing if this info would be shown in the main interface though.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

Hi @Robs,

I'm glad to hear that you found the answer. Thank you for your input and letting us know that you want some more details about the information displayed on the authorised devices, we'll keep it mind. For future reference, the order in which you authorised the devices is the order in which they appear on the list. In this case you'd have to delete the first one!

If you have any other questions or there's anything else that we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

ref: b5-1686

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Nice that I can finally remove multiple Firefox/Safari "devices"!

When can I remove (multiple) Windows Desktop "devices"? (apparently currently not supported by the Windows beta)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@XIII,

Nice that I can finally remove multiple Firefox/Safari "devices"!

We're delighted to offer it now. :)

When can I remove (multiple) Windows Desktop "devices"? (apparently currently not supported by the Windows beta)

We don't normally give release dates for new features as many factors (some beyond our control) can affect them. However, it's on our list. It "just" needs to be implemented in the app. Hopefully not too much longer now. :+1:

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

I have two different kinds of desktop items in that list. Is that because there is a Windows 10 specific and a more universal Windows beta?

Can I remove both kinds in the future?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@XIII,

I have two different kinds of desktop items in that list. Is that because there is a Windows 10 specific and a more universal Windows beta?

We released "1Password for Windows 10" first. It's the version available on the Windows Store.

More recently, we released "1Password 6 for Windows" which runs on Windows 10, but is available from us directly.

They are technically two unique apps, but they are essentially identical in functionality. You can think of it like 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store vs. from the AgileBits website. Same app, different unique identifiers.

Can I remove both kinds in the future?

That's the plan, yes.

This discussion has been closed.