Some extension love?

dawe
dawe
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,

just testing 1PW Families. On the Mac everything is fine as usual. But under Windows.
Well. Let's say the most basic stuff is working. What about some love for the Chrome extension?

Looking alien might be acceptable. But no PW generator? No lookup? No storing? No..... nothing?

Not to talk about IE/Edge integration. I can imagine that all of that is an awfull lot of work.
But please. Try to make the Windows experience somehow as neat as the Mac experience.

I'm currently close to get back from Dashlane to 1PW again. Not everything is golden over at Dashlane.
But at least they have an consistent experience across Windows / Mac. Without that it will be impossible to use 1PW if you constantly switching OS's. :)

Any thoughts? Roadmaps?

Thanks a lot

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@dawe 1Password for Windows with full teams support will be released some time in august. So then all the features you talked about will be implemented. Just remember this is a beta version. ;)

• dawe
    dawe
    Community Member

I'm totally aware of the beta status. No worries. :) Just wanted to share my voice trying to get some estimate when there might be more polished version. Staying tuned. Thanks for the feedback.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dawe: Better browser integration is at the top of our list. We're not where we want to be yet, but we're working every day to improve it — including password generation, autosave, search, and more. It sounds like we want the same thing, so rest assured we won't stop until Windows folks have the great browser experience with 1Password that Mac users do again. Cheers! :)

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

@brenty - I'm still a bit sceptical/nervous that you can meet your August/end of August release date for this software, looking at it where it is now and where it needs to be. Is this still the intended release period for this beta, or is it just a rough guide, and it'll be ready when it's ready? I'm hoping my scepticism is misplaced in this instance, and we have a polished, new addition to the 1Password Windows family by the end of August :chuffed:

• MikeT
    edited June 2016

Hi @pbryanw,

We are shipping in August, even if it means we may have to cut some stuff out to push it to the next update. However, the first August release is not going to be as full featured as 1Password 4 for Windows. The goal is to get it stable and useful enough for our 1Password Families/Teams customers, which is why full support for the local vaults will not be implemented until later this year.

There are a lot of pieces being worked on at the same time and they're not apparent in the betas. The extension will benefit from many of the pieces we're working on right now and if it fits well, it should be a big jump from where we are right now.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

@MikeT - Thanks for your update, and as a 1Password Families customer, I think I'm guilty of wanting all the features now, rather than waiting for the public release in August. However, I've been on past betas for 1Password software, so know it will turn out well in the end. It also sounds like the betas are only the tips of the icebergs, which us testers get to see, and there's plenty more going on under the surface/in the background.

Thanks again, Paul

• Hi @pbryanw,

You're welcome and you're not alone, we all feel like that, even on our developers want 1Password to be as good as the Mac app right now.

1Password 6 Beta right now doesn't even feel like the same app 2-3 months ago, so imagine how it will be like 2-3 months from now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pbryanw: I hear you! While I know it can feel like slow going day to day (depending on your perspective), but as Mike mentioned it's come a long way in a few months...and the current 1Password 6 beta which supports WINdows 7 and 8.1 in addition to Windows 10 was introduced less than 6 weeks ago. We'll get there. I just hope that the development team survives. :lol:

• dawe
    dawe
    Community Member

We'll get there. I just hope that the development team survives. :lol:

Keep'em happy. We all need them. ;) Now. And later on.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Happy, and in good health! ;) :+1:

• AlanGrassia
    AlanGrassia
    Community Member

Hello Folks,

Since this thread is about browser extensions, I would like to voice my request for Internet Explorer 11/Edge support for those of us in a corporate environment that have to use IE as a standard over Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. I understand that IE/Edge is probably not a priority when considering market share number of Chrome vs IE/Edge, put I did want to put it out there.

Thanks,
    Alan

• Hi @AlanGrassia,

We do want to support Edge and maybe IE later down the line with 1Password 6 but Edge first since Edge's extensions APIs will mirror that with the Chrome APIs and it is the future for Windows.

Unfortunately, we ran into some APIs limitations in Edge that we're working on but we may not be able to support it on the first day next month when they release the Windows 10 Anniversary update. We will release more details on this but rest assured that this is on our mind as we continue to work on 1Password 6 and figuring out our next route for Edge support.

• AlanGrassia
    AlanGrassia
    Community Member

Thanks, MikeT. I just wanted to get the request in. Keep up the good work.

-Alan

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlanGrassia: Likewise, thanks for checking in! It's good to know we're not the only Edge fans out there — Internet Explorer notwithstanding. ;)

This discussion has been closed.