How do I correct an anomaly on Agile entry ?

Options
NK77
NK77
Community Member

Hello

Can someone please assist with the above? I know some people are confused but I am not ! In my case the gender is ** Male only** !

1PW reports a conflict in the Gender box: both m and f are filled in

I have corrected this a number of times but 1 Password always returns to this and then complains ! CONFLICT !!

I was going to insert a screenshot but copy and paste do not work here?

Regards

NK77

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.BETA-6 (650006) AgileBits
Extension Version: 4.5 beta 2
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NK77,

I must say that you have an interesting issue going on! Maybe your computer itself has and identity crisis and is trying to tell you about it? :dizzy:

A screenshot would be quite helpful to figure out what you're seeing and how to solve it. You have two ways to add an image to your post. The first one is to simply drag the image and drop it on the text area.

The second option is to click on the icon marked in red on the image below and choose the file from your computer.

I hope to hear back from you so we can figure this out! :chuffed:

• NK77
    NK77
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

(screenshot edited to remove detail by admin)

Hello

You should find the screenshot attached/ We really can't have 1PW not knowing whether it is
    Arthur or Martha.
    It is not the iMac that is having the identity problem, it is AGILE BITS, and IT is crying for help!
    How embarrassing !!

NK77

Please delete the screen shot after viewing, thanks.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@NK77 do you sync your 1Password data between devices? The Conflict field appears where changes have been made to the entry on more than one device and 1Password does not know which one is correct.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NK77,

I hope you don’t mind, but I edited your screenshot a bit to remove any personal information. I did leave it in your post, however, because it will help us diagnose this issue. Thanks for sharing it!

As Stephen says, the conflict fields represent a change that 1Password couldn’t reconcile. In cases like that, 1Password saves both bits of information to ensure that no data is lost.

I’m still a bit confused as to where those fields came from. Is this an older item? We’ve done some testing here, and new items created on the forum registration page don’t have those fields ... and I don’t recall being prompted for my gender when signing up for a forum account.

In any case, the solution is simple - you can remove both of those fields, neither will be needed to sign in to your forum account here. If you’d like to save a fresh copy of your sign in information for the AgileBits discussion forums, you can follow these instructions:

Save a New Login Manually

• NK77
    NK77
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Stephen

Thank you for your reply. I have not synced with other devices for about two years. The only time was with Windows XP after installing 1PW. I am only using 1PW with OSxx on a regular basis Many times a Day. I also have IOS on several devices but do not use 1PW on those. Syncing could be going on behind my back, who knows ? I will check them tomorrow, Friday .

NK77

• NK77
    NK77
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Megan

Thank you for editing the private details, just what was required !
    Lovely editing Megan ! May I ask what are you using to get this result?

The fields came up shortly after I started using 1PW in 2014. I think it complained about some missing details
    and that was them.

OK on using the browser" log in memory", that is what I am using. Also the new log in for Agilebits.

Many thanks

NK77

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@NK77 sounds like everything's been sorted. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the future :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NK77,

This was an interesting mystery for a lot of us on the forum team here, and we managed to find a veteran forummer who recalls that there used to be an option to select a gender when signing into the forums. If you joined back in 2014, it’s possible that you came across it then.

In any case, a new item should ensure that the confusion is gone for good.

May I ask what are you using to get this result?

I use an app called Skitch for annotating screenshots. It’s pretty handy. :)

• NK77
    NK77
    Community Member
    Options

Hello nmott

Thank you for your reply.
    It has not really been sorted, there are some unanswered questions and I have passed them on to the "Big Cheese" DT.

NK77

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NK77

I-m glad to hear your questions have been answered over email! let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you :chuffed:

ref: WGV-75762-554

• NK77
    NK77
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Megan

Thank you for your reply and the name of the app.

I am pursuing this a little further, see the reply above.
    No doubt it could be a lively discussion point.

Kind regards

NK77

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NK77,

Lively discussions can be fun! I’ve added some detail from our conversation here to the email thread so that everyone can be on the same page. :)

This discussion has been closed.