I have 1Password installed on 2 Macs. Both point to the same dropbox sync file.

LynnB
LynnB
Community Member

Hi,

I have Mac#1 with 1Password (v4). It syncs via file in Dropbox. It says I have 202 items in it

I am setting up a secondary Mac. I installed 1Password and pointed it to the sync file on Dropbox. It says I have only have 84 items.

So...why isn't 1Password on the secondary Mac pulling in the full 202 items?

In case this has any impact.

Mac #1 is running Mavericks. And V4 of 1Password

The secondary Mac is running El Capitan. And since I bought 1Password via the App Store, it automatically installed v6 of 1Password when I started setting the secondary Mac.

Thanks,

• Lynn

1Password Version: V4, V6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mavericks, El Capitan
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:content different on 2 different machines even though referring to same dropbox sync

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LynnB,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

The different versions of 1Password shouldn't affect the syncing as long as they are both syncing to the same vault file. My guess is that you have two vaults, and each one is syncing to a different vault file.

Choose 1Password > Preferences > Sync and let me know what path you see on each Mac. Here is my own as an example:

In my case, the path is:

khad > Dropbox > 1Password > 1Password.opvault

• LynnB
    LynnB
    Community Member

These look like the same path to me...

Mac #1

Lynn > Dropbox > Private > 1pwd > 1Password.agilekeychain

Mac #2

LynnMac2 > Dropbox > Private > 1pwd > 1Password.agilekeychain

• LynnB
    LynnB
    Community Member

I unsynced from Mac #2 and then re-synced to the same file. That fixed things!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@LynnB,

Excellent! I was going to suggest that next. I'm glad that did the trick. Thanks for taking the time to let me know. :)

If we can ever be of further assistance, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.