"NSURLErrorDomain error -1200" when signing in to my account [Fixed]

Options
mrfredmann
mrfredmann
Community Member
edited July 2016 in Families

I was having trouble getting my passwords to sync on the mac client, v6.3.1

I tried removing the account in the settings and then re-adding it, but now when I try to login for the first time, I get the following error:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1200.)

I then upgraded to the 6.5 BETA and got the exact same error.

Some googling indicates that this is a secure connection error:
NSURLErrorSecureConnectionFailed = -1200,
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Miscellaneous/Foundation_Constants/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/constant_group/URL_Loading_System_Error_Codes

Is this a problem with the network on my end? An issue with the server where my vault is being stored?

1Password Version: 6.3.1 and 6.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Family
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:(NSURLErrorDomain error -1200.)

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrfredmann,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

1Password relies on a secure connection in order to function, and — for your protection — if the connection is tampered with by another process on your Mac, it will not function.

Are you running Avast on your system? Specifically with the Web Shield component enabled? Or might you be running any other similar "security" software?

• mrfredmann
    mrfredmann
    Community Member
    Options

I was running AVG. It didn't have web shield or a similar firewall equivalent running, but I uninstalled it and restarted the computer anyways.

I'm still having the exact same issue.

• atxrob
    atxrob
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the exact same issue, except that i am running OS X 10.10.4 and did not upgrade the 1Password version from 6.3.1 to the beta version. my iPhone syncs with my family account, but my mac app stopped syncing with the shared family account. So i uninstalled and cannot reinstall. I disabled Avast web shield to no avail.

• atxrob
    atxrob
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue too.

• onefishtwoinc
    onefishtwoinc
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem as well. On my Macbook Pro.

• Jacob
    edited July 2016
    Options

@mrfredmann Sorry about that! Right now, the common thing we're seeing with this issue is that everyone is using OS X 10.10.x Yosemite. We're not sure if that's the cause, but could you try updating to 10.11 El Capitan and let us know if you are able to sign in to your account in 1Password for Mac then?

@atxrob I would recommend trying the same thing that I mentioned above since you're on Yosemite too.

@onefishtwoinc What version of OS X are you running right now? You can find out by choosing  -> About This Mac from your menu bar. Thanks! :)

ref: CSI-100

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey folks!

We think this should be resolved now. Can you try again and let us know if it is working for you?

• atxrob
    atxrob
    Community Member
    Options

All is well again. thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for confirming! You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well now. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.