Updating Dropbox Sync to .opvault but it still installed the file .ws.agile.1Password.setting

Options
Zwerk
Zwerk
Community Member

I updated Dropbox Sync to .opvault so it installed the Apps Folder with the goodies but I was not expecting it still install the file .ws.agile.1Password.settings outside of the Apps Folder alone in my Dropbox Folder Column. I like a clean dropbox so is this loner file necessary? I deleted it thinking it was a legacy file and nothing seemed to be a problem and then thought I better not and I restored it. Any chance I can get rid of this file .ws.agile.1Password.settings?

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good question, @Zwerk. It is only used by old versions of 1Password, so if you are using the latest versions of 1Password everywhere, you should be fine removing it. I don't think 1Password will recreate it, but it's possible that it might. The good news is that — as with all UNIX-based operating systems — files that start with a period are hidden by default on OS X, so it shouldn't clutter things up too much in Finder. :)

• Zwerk
    Zwerk
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Khad that's what I was thinking so I will delete it. I can only see it on my dropbox.com folder column not my dropbox folder in the finder on my iMac... cheers.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Zwerk On behalf of Khad, you're very welcome! If there's anything else that we can help you with, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.