account on my iPad that I cannot open. Then set up an account on my iPhone want to sync will not

darlene
darlene
Community Member

account on my iPad that I cannot open. Then set up an account on my iPhone want to sync but wants to merge the two accounts. I cannot do that as my iPad account is the one I cannot open. The hint is my last cat. I have tried it numerous ways. And have tried every cat I ever owned--upper case, lower case, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: account on my iPad that I cannot open. Then set up an account on my iPhone want to sync will not

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @darlene,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with 1Password! You posted your message in our Mac forum, but you didn't mention anything about a Mac, and it sounds like the problem involves an iPhone and an iPad, so I've moved your post to our iOS forum. I hope you don't mind!

We'll do our best to help you out, and I'd just like to make sure I understand the problem you're running into:

account on my iPad that I cannot open.

When you say "account" do you mean you have a 1Password Teams or 1Password Families account, but you're unable to sign into that Teams/Families account in 1Password on your iPad? Or do you simply mean you've forgotten your master password and can no longer unlock 1Password on your iPad?

If you forgot your master password (or if you think you're entering the correct master password but it isn't accepted), we have some tips that might help here: Recover your Master Password

Then set up an account on my iPhone want to sync but wants to merge the two accounts. I cannot do that as my iPad account is the one I cannot open.

If I understand, it sounds like you installed 1Password on your iPhone and created a new vault with a new master password, and you're trying to sync it with your existing data in Dropbox (or iCloud) - is that correct? If you have an existing vault in the 1Password app and an existing file in Dropbox or iCloud, you'll be asked to merge them when you enable one of those sync options, so that sounds like it's working as expected.

However, to enable the sync and merge the data, you'll need to enter the master password associated with the vault in Dropbox or iCloud. If you've forgotten it (or it doesn't work), you won't be able to complete the sync setup.

Does this help at all? If I misunderstood the problem, please elaborate with more details about what you're trying to do and the steps you're taking to do it. Thanks!

• AbelP
    AbelP
    Community Member

First I dowloaded the app on and Second I populated the app with logins (username, passwords and website) on my iPhone. It is working fine. Third I created an account in my.1password. Used the same email for both accounts but different passwords. The account on my.1password is in my vault in the app but empty. I want to use the my.password account with my app on iPhone and desktop Mac. How do I go about merging them step by step. I do not want a vault just transfer all logins to my.1password account. Thank you. AbelP

• Hi @AbelP,

You can find instructions for migrating here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Please let us know how it turns out. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.