Browser Extension not working

Options
TyLat
TyLat
Community Member

Hi, when I try to use 1Password extension in Chrome, it does not work. I get the "Looking for 1Password App" message. I have the mac app and it works fine. And I have the app in the menu bar too, and that works fine. I've reinstalled the extension, and configured the web socket, but no good.

This problem also exists for me in Safari and Firefox.

I have Qustodio (an Internet filtering software), but the extension still doesn't work when Qustodio is disabled. Please help. Thanks. Ty.

1Password
Version 6.3.1 (631005)
Mac App Store

Please help. Thanks. Ty.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ty - check your proxy settings in the Network System Preferences. Make sure nothing is ticked in the protocol list.
    Cheers
    Michael

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the assist @m w! :)

@TyLat, does that help to solve the problem? It sounds like 1Password is set up correctly (mini is running and the extension is installed in your browsers), so if the problem is happening in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, my bet is on Qustodio being the culprit here. This knowledgebase article might also be helpful: Configuring a firewall or proxy on your Mac

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Cheers! :)

• TyLat
    TyLat
    Community Member
    Options

Nothing checked in proxies. I tried the suggestions in the 'Configure Firewall/Proxy' article and no use. (see the 127 number in the pic below). I noticed that although I checkmarked the webproxy and tapped Apply, when I left and came back in, it was unchecked (likely because there is no proxy set up to begin with).

So, what can I try next?

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem (not using Custodio though). When I click "Auto Proxy Discovery" in my settings, for example, I get the same error as Ty. With everything unticked it works fine.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @TyLat,

At this point we may need to take a closer look at what's going on with your setup. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this discussion thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that you get a quick response. :)

Once we see the report, we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: UHI-93941-788

This discussion has been closed.