I can't get into 1Password with my password?

Options
jimhenrikson
jimhenrikson
Community Member

I was told by a friend this would be the easiest way to save all my passwords. I think I have been using 1Password for at least a year or maybe more. But I haven't been checking anything with anyone who works at your company. I can't get into it now without reading a bunch of info hitting me from all sides. What should I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I tried finding a password and all of a sudden it wants money and other things I don'

Comments

• jimhenrikson
    jimhenrikson
    Community Member
    Options

What should I do? I have always counted on it and all of a sudden I can't get into it.

• jimhenrikson
    jimhenrikson
    Community Member
    Options

I only have it on my I phone and nothing else. I am using my iPad to discuss this with you. Any ideas that you could give me before you aren't available? Jim

• jimhenrikson
    jimhenrikson
    Community Member
    Options

I was told by a friend this would be the easiest way to save all my passwords. I think I have been using 1Password for at least a year or maybe more. But I haven't been checking anything with anyone who works at your company. I can't get into it now without reading a bunch of info hitting me from all sides. What should I do? I only have it on my I phone and I am getting a replacement by next Tuesday. It will be a Verizon phone but is a IPhone SE and when it arrives through FedEx I will change my phone. Do you need my phone #?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I tried finding a password and all of a sudden it wants money and other things I don'

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016
    Options

@jimhenrikson: Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Master Password. To be clear, your Master Password is known only by you. No information about your Master Password is ever sent to us, so it isn't something we can "check" or recover for you. It also cannot be reset or changed without entering the old one. There is also no back door to access your data without the Master Password, since it's used to encrypt your vault. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password-not-accepted/

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Can you tell me which OS and 1Password versions you're using? Also, it isn't clear where you have been using 1Password: your iPad, iPhone, or both. Please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• jimhenrikson
    jimhenrikson
    Community Member
    Options

I use it only on my IPhone and that's all. I have used for a long time and got into it without paying much money. I know my password, but I have all my other passwords stuck in it without a knowledge of how to see them. This happened when there was a change in 1Password's connections of late. What can I do to get into my own phone? Jim

• jimhenrikson
    jimhenrikson
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty are you still there. I sent you a comment about ten minutes ago. Check it out. Thx Jim

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Brenty are you still there. I sent you a comment about ten minutes ago. Check it out. Thx Jim

@jimhenrikson: I'm sorry for the confusion! This isn't a chat room. It's a discussion forum on our website. We try to reply to everyone on a first-come-first-served basis because that seems fair, so I'm sorry for the wait.

I use it only on my IPhone and that's all. I have used for a long time and got into it without paying much money. I know my password, but I have all my other passwords stuck in it without a knowledge of how to see them. This happened when there was a change in 1Password's connections of late. What can I do to get into my own phone? Jim

1Password doesn't manage your Master Password. It's never stored, so a change to the app won't affect this. As I mentioned above, only you have your Master Password. When it's entered correctly, it can be used to decrypt your data. But when it isn't, all 1Password knows is that it was unsuccessful in unlocking because the password to decrypt the data was incorrect.

Did you try the steps in the guide I linked above? Again, we don't have access to your data, so the only way it can be accessed is by unlocking it with the Master Password. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you, but it's important to all 1Password users that this is the only way to get to our data. Otherwise it wouldn't be very secure. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.