Master password required each time

Options
pwagenaar
pwagenaar
Community Member

I'm having trouble with opening the app on iOS. I am having to enter my master password when I have not used the app for a day. I have enabled and set a pin code but am required to enter full master password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pwagenaar: Be sure to check your settings in 1Password Settings > Security and 1Password Settings > Advanced > Security. It's up to you to determine how and when you need to unlock 1Password.

1Password will also summarize when your Master Password will be required based on the settings you choose under the Touch ID/PIN option in 1Password Settings > Security. I hope this helps! :)

• pwagenaar
    pwagenaar
    Community Member
    Options

I have enabled and set a pin code but it still requires my master password when it's been inactive for over a day or so. Even though it say that the master password will only be required if pints incorrectly entered. This all changed after iOS 9 update

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pwagenaar,

Could you please confirm your version information for 1Password? You can find 1Password’s version information in the Settings screen, below the ‘Recommend 1Password’ option.

It would also help to know exactly what your security settings are currently set to.

• pwagenaar
    pwagenaar
    Community Member
    Options

6.4.2. Have deleted app and reinstalled but have the same issue.
    Security settings.
    Lock on exit not selected.
    Auto lock 10 mins
    Pin code selected.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @pwagenaar!

Is it possible you're rebooting your device about once per day? If so, that might be related, but will depend on some other settings.

In the 1Password app, please go to Settings, then scroll down and select Advanced, then scroll down and select Security. On that screen, when does it say your master password is required?

• pwagenaar
    pwagenaar
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not rebooting every day. It says master password is only required if pin code is incorrectly input

• pwagenaar
    pwagenaar
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if this helps but There is a thumbprint on the log in screen below where you enter the master password, but my phone is 5c and has no thumb sensor. I have app installed on iPad without any issues, but I do not have thumbprint on iPad log in screen.

• pwagenaar
    pwagenaar
    Community Member
    Options

Here is screengrab of security settings

• Ben
    Options

@pwagenaar

Tapping on the finger print icon should bring up the PIN entry screen. Please let us know if that is not happening.

Ben

• pwagenaar
    pwagenaar
    Community Member
    Options

Problem solved.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pwagenaar

I'm glad to hear that! If there's anything else that we can help you with, we're always here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.