I am really confused: Teams and Families, licenses and general usage.

YahavIL
YahavIL
Community Member

so, first things first, 1Password is the most suited solution i found so far, except for the lack of support for windows 7 it has anything i need.
Now, i am using 1Password in my mac for quite a long time now, however, i wanted to have a cross platform cloud based storage for my data.
and so i found about 1Password Family and Teams. (the Sync option of 1Password via dropbox or icloud isn't quite what i'm looking for)
Now, my question would be, is 1Password for Family the right choice for this kind of thing? as i understand it, the difference between the regular 1Password and the 1Password for family is the cloud based sync, which is what i'm looking for right? a someway to sync between all the 1Password installations in the PC, Mac and Android.
so, Is 1Password for Family, is what i need?

now, the second question is related to the licensing.
do i need to purchase each app for each platform? if so, what is the monthly payment for? Do i have to pay for the subscription, as well as for each app?
How exactly does this work?

Thanks
Yahav

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• YahavIL
    YahavIL
    Community Member

Also, a Third question, What is the difference between the Teams and the Family Plan ?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @YahavIL,

I'm glad to hear that you like 1Password and want to start using it on more devices! I'll be glad to help you clear up all your doubts :chuffed:

1Password Families is a subscription service, your data is stored on our servers and therefore available on all your devices without any extra effort. It's also available on a browser interface on any computer, so it sounds like it is exactly what you're looking for! You don't need to purchase the licenses separately. The most recent version of the app on all platforms is included on your subscription, as well as the pro features for the iOS and Android. You'll always be up to date!

1Password Teams is thought for a work space, while 1Password Families is for personal use. Teams is priced by person and has some extra features. Families can be used by 1 to 5 people and has everything a person or family would need for everyday use. It sounds like 1Password Families would be better suited for you.

Keep in mind that you can always try 1Password Families for a month for free so you can see how it works out for you :chuffed:

If you have an other questions about all this, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

• YahavIL
    YahavIL
    Community Member

Thank for your response, Do you mind telling me what exactly are the Teams unique features?

• YahavIL
    YahavIL
    Community Member

Oh, and when will i be able to use Teams with Windows 7? is there any beta i can get that support this feature?

• YahavIL
    YahavIL
    Community Member

and one last thing, when i try to add my credit card i get the following:
    Failed to add credit card.
    A network error has occurred, and you have not been charged. Please try again.
    Who do i contact with?

• You can find information on our Windows beta here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/categories/windows-beta

It does support Windows 7.

A network error has occurred, and you have not been charged. Please try again.

Could you please tell us if you have any anti-virus software running and what operating system you're using? If you do have anti-virus could you please try temporarily disabling that, or using a mobile device to add your credit card?

Thank for your response, Do you mind telling me what exactly are the Teams unique features?

I don't have such a list unfortunately but you can read more about the features of 1Password Teams here:

Teams - 1Password

This page may also be of some help:

Pricing (Teams) - 1Password

Some of the features that are not available in the standalone version are:

• Your data is hosted on the 1Password Teams service, which means adding/replacing devices is much easier. No more fighting with manual sync set up.
    • Account key for added security: https://support.1password.com/understanding-account-key/
    • All supported platforms and all upgrades are included with your subscription
    • Web based access to your data is available
    • Account recovery is possible (multiple admins required) if someone forgets their Master Password or loses their Account Key
    • Super simple vault sharing, and ability to assign custom permissions on a per-user basis for each vault -- again, no messing about with Dropbox

Those are just some of the highlights, I'm sure there are many more. :)

Ben

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@YahavIL,

I just saw your question here and thought I may be able to add some more information. Perhaps it will also be useful to others coming across this via Google or the forum search. :)

What's the difference between 1Password Families and 1Password Teams?

The technology is the same

From a technical perspective they share the same infrastructure, client software, and cryptography. So their main difference is in pricing and in what features are exposed to customers.

Pricing differences

For example, 1Password Family pricing is simple and even for a family of one can pay off if that family uses 1Password on multiple platforms. But to keep it simple, it doesn’t offer much flexibility in pricing.

Management differences

1Password Teams offers various roles within the team. There can be Owners (of the Team) and there can be Managers of vaults. There are various Groups of individuals, some of which can be customized. Teams are priced based on team size and can grow as needed along with the total size of the Secure Documents used within the Team.

If you have to ask, you are probably a Team

We don’t want to be in the business of deciding what you mean by “family”. You don’t have to all be living under the same roof; you don’t have to meet some definition that would satisfy the census bureau. We leave the definition of “family” up to you.

But I advise against trying to squeeze a non-family entity into a family. Even small organizations need far more flexibility in people coming and going and in finer grained delegation of responsibilities than a family does. Our intent is to keep 1Password Families simple, and a non-family will find themselves needing features that only Teams offers.

You can learn more about 1Password Families and 1Password Teams by following those links.

If we didn't fully answer your question, please let us know if you have any more questions.

This discussion has been closed.