Login issues

devibimal
devibimal
Community Member
edited July 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

I am trying to create logins for these 2 sites and they fail to fill in and submit or will give me error that the page is not valid after saving using Safari on Macbook Pro. first is for Dodge & Cox Fund and the second one is for Primecap Odyssey Funds

https://www.dodgeandcox.com
&
https://www3.financialtrans.com/tf/FANWeb?tx=Disclaim&cz=a05181517081204020015

Both sites use multiple pages to login and I am not sure how to make this work.

Any help welcome

Happy 4th of July

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @devibimal

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some trouble with some logins and 1Password. Some sites like to get creative when it comes to logins, and that often causes a headache or two! We have a guide specially for sites that have logins split across two pages, you can check how to fix your logins here: https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/

I do not have an account with either of these sites, but it looks like they could be trickier than just the split login. I've done some testing, and it seems like instead of a standard password they ask for the answer to a different security question every time. If this is the case for you too, then there is no automatic way to do it. You will have to keep those answers stored one way or another on your login and copy-paste them as you need them. 1Password is really good at detecting what kind of field is on a site and what to fill it with, but this a whole new level of stirring things up! If you want to hear some more ideas on how to store these security questions let me know and I'll be glad to tell you!

Please let us know if you try the multiple page login article and if it's of any help in your situation! :chuffed:

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Thanks Pilar for the link. That helped me about a quarter of the way. Login for Primecap Odyssey is hosted by DST systems and the user-id page is from their page, so I went ahead and created a new login using the method suggested in the link. Its kludgy nonetheless as once the page is opened, the user-id fills and submits, and then I have to select gear password mini again to select same login to let 1P fill in the password and auto submit. It works but could be better.

Dodge & Cox is a different site altogether and I am not sure how I can fix that. User-id page is on dodgeandcox.com and once that is filled it sends to DST systems. Once there at DST website, there is no update existing as the pages have changed between the two companies. I guess I will have to create a new one as suggested at the bottom and name then user-id and password and make it work that way.

I have just started to extensively start using the autofill and I am sure I will find a few more. Hopefully there will be a way to read the underlying code to save in logins within 1P that can be invoked to fill the required fields rather than choosing every single time. Good luck with getting this fixed and I will look forward to future updates where logins of this type are fixed. Till then keep up the good work.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @devibimal,

...once the page is opened, the user-id fills and submits, and then I have to select gear password mini again to select same login to let 1P fill in the password and auto submit. It works but could be better.

If I understand, you're saying to have to use the 1Password extension / 1Password mini once to fill the username on the first page, and then you have to use it a second time on the page where you're asked for your password. If so, that's correct behavior: The username and password fields are on two separate pages, which means they are two separate web forms. 1Password only fills your data in a web form when you explicitly tell it to do so, and therefore you'll need to invoke 1Password twice - once to enter your username on one page, and a second time to enter your password on the other page. To make it easier, you can use the ⌘\ ( Command+Backslash ) keyboard shortcut to have 1Password fill your data.

Dodge & Cox is a different site altogether and I am not sure how I can fix that. User-id page is on dodgeandcox.com and once that is filled it sends to DST systems. Once there at DST website, there is no update existing as the pages have changed between the two companies.

If the user ID page is on a different website/domain than the password page, then you'll probably need to create two different Login items as you suspected. However, you can also try this:

• Open the main 1Password app, find your Login item for the user ID page, and click Edit.
    • Enter your password into the password field near the top (below the username field).
    • Then enter the URL for the password page in the website 2 field (below the existing website field).
    • Make sure you remember to click the Save button to keep those changes.

You might be able to use that same Login item for both pages of the sign-in process. But every site works differently, so it might not work to fill the password - if it doesn't work, you'll need to keep a second Login item for the password.

I hope this helps, but if I've misunderstood what you meant, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.