Master password doesn't work on my iphone

Options
dancoleman
dancoleman
Community Member

Hi,
Master password works fine on my macbook air.
Doesn't work on my iphone (4). phone is up to date, as is the app (i'm not sure how to tell what version it is)
I haven't tried to use the phone app in a very long time--maybe never.
after a series of failed attempts, I get a password hint--which is correct. but my master password still fails.
Thanks,
Dan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dancoleman,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble unlocking 1Password on your iPhone!

I haven't tried to use the phone app in a very long time--maybe never.

In that case, I'm guessing you have all your current 1Password data on your Mac? If so, you can try deleting the 1Password app from your iPhone, then reinstall it from App Store > Updates > Purchased. The first time you open it, you'll be taken through a setup procedure and will be able to sync your 1Password data. Just follow the steps from our user guide here: https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/quick-start.html

If for some reason that doesn't work as expected, please let us know exactly what happens. It will also help if you can let us know a few other details:

• What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • How are you syncing 1Password on your Mac (Dropbox, iCloud, Wi-Fi Sync)?
    • What version of iOS are you running on your iPhone? (To find that, open the Settings app and go to General > Software Update.)
    • In App Store > Updates > Purchased, what version of 1Password is shown there?
    • Aside from your MacBook Air and iPhone, do you sync 1Password with any other devices? If so, what devices and what version(s) of 1Password?

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.