Password Expiry

ajbool
ajbool
Community Member

Hi,

A feature request if I may:

Could you consider adding expiry date field to 1Password password-like entries (Login, Password, Database entries etc)?

Preferably, when a password is created or changed this expiry date can be simply set by selecting one of a list of standard time periods (e.g. 30/60/90/180/365 days.)

Then, within the Security Audit section, to have a new entry "Expired Passwords" entry which lists all the passwords that have an expiry date in the past?

Finally, expiry date could also be an option the in "sort by" dropdown.

(I guess this isn't really Teams specific - its just we're starting to use Teams and this kind of functionality is more appropriate in this more commercial setting.)

Many thanks

Adrian

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Teams & Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ajbool

Thank you for writing to us and letting us know what you would like to see in 1Password. We might consider something like what you're describing in the future. However, keep in mind that if you have a strong, unique password for each of your sites there's little need to change the passwords periodically. If you keep Watchtower on, it will issue and alert whenever a breach has been found on a site and a password needs to be changed. If you want to learn a bit more about watchtower you can find some interesting information in this blog post: https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/01/28/more-watchtower-still-no-watching/. I'm aware it's not exactly what you're talking about, but it helps you get to the end goal: the best security possible for your passwords. :chuffed:

If you have any other questions, please let us know! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.