I accidentally opened two separate 1Password accounts. iMac + Macbook - I need help on combining

Options
Ozzie
Ozzie
Community Member

Using 1Password on iMac "El Capitan 10.11.5" and accidentally opened up an additional account on my new MacBook "El Capitan 10.11.5". They will not sync so do I terminate one account "MacBook" or is there a way to combine them. I want to be able to use one data base for all devices.
I have an iPhone 6plus "iOS 9.3.2" and it syncs fine with my iMac 1Password.
I have tried to figure it out but I need someone smarter than me to help me!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I accidentally opened two separate 1Password accounts. iMac + Macbook - I need help on combining

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ozzie,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing your 1Password data between your two Macs!

Using 1Password on iMac "El Capitan 10.11.5" and accidentally opened up an additional account on my new MacBook "El Capitan 10.11.5".

When you say you "accidentally opened up an additional account", do you mean you've signed up for two different 1Password Teams or 1Password Families accounts? And if so, are you signed into one of those accounts on your iMac and iPhone, but are signed into the other account on your MacBook?

You can check some settings on your Macs and iPhone to make sure:

On each Mac:

• Open the main 1Password app (unlock with your master password if necessary).
    • Go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar.
    • Click the Accounts tab.
    • If you've signed into a Teams/Families account, it will be listed on the left.

On your iPhone:

• Open the 1Password app and go to Settings > 1Password Accounts.
    • If you've signed into a Teams/Families account, it will be listed under 'Your Accounts'.

Please let us know if you're signed into a different Teams/Families account on your iMac and iPhone than on your MacBook, or if you aren't signed into any account. Thanks in advance!

• Ozzie
    Ozzie
    Community Member
    Options

iMac - 1Password Account Name: Bucky
    iPhone - 1Password Account Name: Bucky
    MacBook -- 1Password Account Name: Bucky
    MacBook is not syncing

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ozzie

This seems like an annoying problem that you have. Have checked on your MacBook that you're looking at the Personal vault or All vaults instead of Primary? If you're sure this is the case, can you try fully quitting 1Password and starting it again to see if that helps?

I hope to hear back from you so we can get to the bottom of your problem and get 1Password up and running on your MacBook too :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.