Wi-Fi syncing between Android Galaxy S7 and Windows-based computer

skydivetom
skydivetom
Community Member

I purchased an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) and was now considering purchasing 1Password (Windows).

I tried the to sync a test file (from Android to Windows-based laptop) yesterday with the trial-version of 1Password. Unfortunately, I was not able to sync (via Wi-Fi) the test data from the phone to the computer.... even though I am 99% confident that I followed all required steps in the correct order.

Anyhow, I kept on perusing you forum to search for potential answers as to why the syncing did not work yesterday. As part of my search, I cam across a discussion (see URL below) where one of your team members (khad) indicated that Wi-FI syncing is not available with the Android. [...."But I will definitely make sure that the developers know you are anxious to see Wi-Fi Sync on Android!"]

Well, I will admin that discussion is from 2014 and, potentially, Android now allows to sync via Wi-Fi.

My question: Is W-Fi syncing from an Android platform now (2016) available or does Khad's answer still apply (which would explain as to why I couldn't get the syncing to work yesterday).

Thanks,
skydivetom

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/26967/how-safe-is-my-data-when-i-sync-via-dropbox

1Password Version: Latest version download from 1Password
Extension Version: None
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Wi-Fi

Comments

• Hey @skydivetom. I see that you've emailed us as well and I've gone ahead and replied. Let's keep the convo going over email. :)
    ref: ZPI-92691-449

That said, in case anyone else comes across this thread, Wi-Fi sync is indeed supported on Android, but we do recommend initially syncing from Mac or Windows to Android, rather than from Android to Mac or Windows.

This discussion has been closed.