Teams workflow clarity

I was a regular user of 1Password Anywhere and I missed it when it went away.

I am now looking for some clarity about whether or not Teams is going to be able to meet my needs. I have it set up already on a new MacBookPro and the iPhone. Copied my logins from basic 1Passw and got everything working there. Huzzah.

My main usage case though, is the following:
I work on any number of other systems (graphics and video/film editing) and with a wide array of client types (tech-y to oblivious) and platforms (Win/Mac). I often manage client Vimeo/YouTube accounts as well as dropbox, wetransfer and FTP and now AdobeCC and AVID accounts. 1PAnywhere was a good way to add accounts when someone read me their terrible password off a post-it note or the whiteboard where all their account data was written.

So if I am sitting down on a new clients' system for a couple of days, I can't and shouldn't need to install any 1Pass stuff. I hoped to be able to log into Teams via a browser to access any login information I've accrued from that client over the last few gigs.
To do this, do I need the acct key AND the password?
More than a few times I've had to login to a clients account under great time duress (live streaming!!!, rebooting unstable systems!!!) and 1PAnywhere was a pretty reliable way to get at that account info.

I just want to be sure that I have it right that every new machine would require me typing in the account key and the master password.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: dropbox and teams

Comments

• Hi @SlickSlack

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

The recommended way to handle this would be to access your 1Password information from your phone while away from your Mac. We wouldn't recommend logging into 1Password from an untrusted computer (i.e. one you don't own).

If you must login to 1Password from such a computer then yes, both your Master Password and Account Key will be required.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

Hey @SlickSlack. This isn't directly responsive to your question, but have you considered giving your various clients GUEST accounts on your 1Password team account? You could create a vault for each client that you and they share. This would give them FREE access to 1Password (Huzzah!!!!). When you are at their site they might be able to log into that guest account and the key would already be known to the browser. You would only need their guest pw or have them type it for you while you close your eyes. For them they'd be a lot better off than the yellow sticky notes and it would be a benefit they get for being your client. For you, they'd be doing some of your work for you by keeping all their passwords in one secure place that you can access.

Just daydreaming but this might end up as a win-win for you?

• Good suggestion @hesspaul. I'm not sure if it will help in their case, though, because they are sitting down with new clients every day so the traffic must be pretty high. They would have a lot of guests in that case... Perhaps not though. I'm curious what @SlickSlack needs.

This discussion has been closed.