Major quirk with adding new credentials

crhpjeff
crhpjeff
Community Member

I hope this is helpful for developers since I wasn't able to find any other way to provide feedback except for creating an account on the forums.

The quirk I found is that 1pass app for Android "forgets" anything entered into a new credential any time the app locks.

If I am entering a new credential, especially when I have 1pass generate the password for me, I will be typing it into a website. This can take some time and my phone may go dark. When my phone goes dark, the app locks. When the app locks, anything entered into it will disappear. I can understand if you exited the app and didn't save, but if you didn't exit it shouldn't erase your work in progress. This is a frustrating user experience for me. Hth

Comments

• Hi @crhpjeff. :)

At the moment, 1Password for Android does not save drafts of items, so if the app moves to the background or if your display sleeps while an item is being created or edited, the draft will indeed be lost. This is a feature we have an open issue regarding, and I'll add your vote for draft saving. ref: OPA-444

I'll forward your feedback to the team, as it would be great to create a better workflow for Login creation and saving. In the meantime, I recommend saving often. :)

Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.