1Password Families vs Competitor (Abine)

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited July 2016 in Lounge

I am uncertain what to make of Abine which has pro privacy features and a Premium subscription model.

Abine Blur does have a free Basic model and a Premium model.
https://abine.com/index.html

Blur Basic

• Encrypted Passwords
  • Masked Emails
  • Tracker blocking
  • Auto-fill

Premium
Blur Basic +
Everything from the free version PLUS:

• Masked Cards
  • Masked Phone
  • Backup & Sync

The pricing is also available multi year
$79/3 years - only $2.20 per month!
$59/2 years
$39/yearly

I wonder about having two non compatible systems in case of a catastrophic failure. Much like an off site backup and a on line backup. It adds to the complexity but one can't ever have too many backups!

There is also a Troy Hunt article linked to Abine's site for anyone who cares to read it.
https://troyhunt.com/going-dark-online-privacy-and-anonymity-for-normal-people/

Would anyone from Agilebits comment please?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

I'm not quite sure what sort of a comment you're looking for here, could you clarify? Unfortunately, we can't say much about the security of another app. Are you concerned about this app conflicting in some way with 1Password?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan

I am not using either Abine or 1Password Families/Teams at this point but Abine has been recommended. The two being competing products with some overlap, I was wondering if it's OK to have both. I already have 1Password Standalone on my devices. Security is supposed to layered anyway,

• Ben
    Options

We haven't had any reports of conflicts, as far as I'm aware (I've never actually heard of them until now). I'm not sure I understand the perceived beneft of using both though.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.