Copying and pasting the Master Password

Options
AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
edited July 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: Copy Username And Password into clipboard ?.

Comments

• GW_Brown
    GW_Brown
    Community Member
    Options

I discovered that if I copy( CTRL C ) My Master Password, from the main 1Password program and Lock the program from the 1Password Menu, close the program and then reopen the program , I can Paste (CTR L ) the Master Password into the program and unlock it. Is this normal program operation?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GW_Brown: If I'm understanding correctly, it sounds like you're copying your Master Password to the clipboard and then pasting it to unlock the app. Is that correct?

Unless there are some other details you've omitted, that seems normal. 1Password isn't meant to interfere with system clipboard functions. I wouldn't recommend storing your Master Password on the computer anywhere, since a malicious app could capture it — especially if you copy it to the clipboard. But I think it's worth noting that 1Password will not allow you to copy text entered into the master Password field.

Please let me know if this helps, or if there's some additional clarification you could add that might be relevant. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.