Client shows only Notes and Attachments fields for non-logins after migrating to OPVault

Cajus
Cajus
Community Member
edited July 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

After migrating (last April) to OPVault non-logins (like items in Software, Accounts, Wallet etc.) show only the Notes and Attachments fields and appear empty in the Windows and iOS client. Much like the discussion here.

Now the weird part: the data (like license keys or account numbers for example) are still there as I can see them in the Android client. If I export an item with the Windows client to a 1PIF-file I also can see the data inside the file.

How can I make the item data visible again in the Windows and iOS client?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Kaj

Client versions used in the proces:

• Windows: 4.6.0.604 & 4.6.0.BETA-606
  • Android: 6.4b1
  • iOS: 6.4.2

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.7.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Cajus
    Cajus
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Did some more testing. It appears that this only applies to items dated in or before 2014. If I edit an old item in the agilekeychain backup from April and thus changing the modified date to 2016, import said item in the new OPVault vault, the Windows client shows the item just fine with all fields present.

• Hi @Cajus,

This is a known issue with OPVault support in 1Password 4, it cannot see the data created prior to 2014. The data is there, it's just not visible.

To fix this, you need to quickly edit/save all older items in 1Password 4, which updates the template with a OPVault-friendly version and re-import it.

Here's how to do this:

1. Switch back to the AgileKeychain vault in 1Password 4
    2. Click on the All vault on the bottom left sidebar and sort it by date by clicking on the modified column header, oldest first on top
    3. Select the first item and press 'enter' to edit it and then 'enter' again to save it without doing anything else. You can then repeat for the rest of the database until you reach 2014. Export these and import it into the new OPVault vault.
  • Cajus
    Cajus
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Thanks for your reply. I thought as much and was already begun updating the old items. The enter/enter trick speeds up the proces. Unfortunately my AgileKeychain backup is from April so I've to be careful not to export already updated items.

• Hi @Cajus,

I'd suggest backing up your current vault as well before you re-import the today's changes just in case. You may see some duplicates.

This discussion has been closed.