Issue with iMac

rudy
edited July 2016 in Mac
I hope you don't mind that I split your topic off from the previous one, as it wasn't related.

could you post a picture of what you're seeing? taken with your phone possibly?

Rudy

Comments

• Steilertalk
    Steilertalk
    Community Member

IOS El Capitain, iMac 27, 2011:
    if I run 1Password (newest update), the Screen starts to become fully pixeled and the iMac shuts down. Nothing works and I have to Close my iMac by pressing the power button and then running up again. This happens only with 1Pasword, on the other hand 1password works really well on my other Computers and handhelds.
    German:
    in letzter Zeit kommt es häufig vor, dass beim Start von 1Password und daraus Safari der Bildschirm verpixelt und nur noch der "Aus-"Knopf (Rückseite Bildschirm) für Abhilfe sorgt. Neu gestartet funktioniert zunächst wieder alles. Neuerdings geschieht das auch beim alleinigen Start von Safari. Wie gesagt: unmittelbar nach dem Start kann man Safari (oder 1Pasword) noch benutzen, läuft der iMac länger, kommt es zum Absturz. Das geschieht ausschließlich mit diesen 2 Anwendungen (wobei ich vermute, dass 1Password beim Start im Hintergrund eine Verbindung mit Safari aufbaut). Hat da jemand mal ähnliche Erfahrungen gemacht oder sogar eine Lösung? Hardwareanalyse etc. meldet, dass keine Störungen vorliegen.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Steilertalk,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I can’t say that I’ve seen this happen before, so I’d love to see a screenshot of this. (Just be sure that you're not displaying any personal or sensitive information when you take the screenshot!)

To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

• Steilertalk
    Steilertalk
    Community Member

Hi,

this is what happens after giving in my password. I can only send you a picture made by iPhone, because the screenshot function doesn´t work after starting 1Password.
    Tkank you for your kind interest.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @Steilertalk! It's helpful for us to see that, although I must admit I don't think I've ever seen or heard of that happening before. It's definitely a strange problem, but we'll do our best to figure it out. To help us with that, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from the iMac where this is happening: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

Hi @Steilertalk,

We've received your email with the diagnostics - thanks for sending that in.

I wasn't able to spot anything that clearly indicates what's causing this unusual problem. One of my colleagues will follow up with some suggestions in email after they've had a look with fresh eyes. :)

Have a wonderful week!

ref: HTH-24373-846

This discussion has been closed.