Linked items functionality and web client support

Options
user0
user0
Community Member

Not only can linked items not be created in the web client, linked items created in the OS X client are not visible at all in the web client. Is this by design?

Secondly, item links are only one way. Suppose I edit Item A, and create a link to Item B. I can then click the link, while viewing Item A, and I will be taken to Item B. However, when viewing Item B, there is no evidence that it is linked to Item A; the link is one way only. If the two items are related/linked together, one might suppose it would not be necessary to manually create bidirectional links.

1Password Version: 6.5.BETA-8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@user0,

Indeed. At the moment, the links are only one way. I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect the link to go both ways. I personally would like to see this myself. I've added your vote for it!

I've also let the devs know you'd like to see this functionality added on 1Password.com. We're adding features there at a rapid clip, but 1Password for Mac had nearly a 10 year head start. :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I'd also like to add my vote for the two-way related items functionality. One-way seems odd to me, although I'm sure it makes sense in certain use-cases. For what it's worth, I'd assume that two-way related items should be default, with a checkbox to make it one-way only when linking items. But of course I'd be okay with the other way around too, I just think that two-way linking would be the preferred default. Or let it be an option in the app settings. :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DustinDauncey,

Thank you for letting us know, we appreciate the feedback & requests! I'd be happy to forward your comments to our developers.

For now, as a workaround, you can create bidirectional links between items by adding each one as a related item to the other. In other words, edit "Item A" and add "Item B" as a related item. Then edit "Item B" and add "Item A" as a related item. It would be easier if they linked to each other automatically instead of having to edit both items of course, but I wanted to mention this in case it helps.

ref: OPB-515

This discussion has been closed.