iPad Safari share-sheet 1password is occasionally gray

Options
TimeDoctor
TimeDoctor
Community Member

This isn't so much a question as a bug report, please let me know if you need any more information to resolve it. Unfortunately I do not have reliable steps to reproduce it yet.

Occasionally when I launch 1password on my iPad from the share sheet, I get a gray empty dialog instead of the unlock screen. If I switch applications and switch back, the unlocking animation is displayed (without and if I am very quick I can hit the cancel button on the dialog before it goes back to gray.

This all seems to be resolved and the share sheet works normally again if I cancel out of it successfully, switch to unlock 1password the app with my password, and return to safari and relaunch the share sheet 1password.

Included is a screenshot of the broken share sheet 1P.

1Password Version: 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TimeDoctor,

Thanks for reporting this. That screenshot is also very helpful.

Without steps to reproduce it may be tricky to track it down, but we certainly want to resolve it. :+1:

Once it seems resolved, does it require restarting your device before you see it again? Or does 1Password need to be locked before it happens again?

I'm going to reach out to the extension developer to see if I can get some better questions to ask, but that will get the ball rolling for now. :)

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TimeDoctor,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I am really sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

This is a known bug (OPI-3425) and we are currently trying to figure out the best way to fix it. It is affecting the extension when the Master Password is the unlock method and when Settings > Security >"Lock On Exit" is disabled. In the meantime, we could work around it by changing one of them, meaning either use a quick unlock method (PIN code or Touch ID) or enable "Lock On Exit".

Please let me know if this works.

Cheers!

ref: OPI-3425

• TimeDoctor
    TimeDoctor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks khad and Rad, I'll try enabling "Lock On Exit" although since I don't still don't have reliable repro steps I'm not sure I can report anything but a lack of failure. Glad it was already known!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TimeDoctor,

I hope that enabling ‘Lock on Exit’ helps you work around this bug while we search for a proper solution! If you are able to come up with some reproducible steps however, please do let us know: reproducing this on our end would help a lot with tracking this bug down and getting it squashed.

• danfrancis
    danfrancis
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same! Any news on the fix?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @danfrancis,

What Rad posted here is still the latest information we have available. Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.