Feature Request: “Drag and Drop” Section headings (with associated fields).

Options
Bruce_Abel
Bruce_Abel
Community Member

It would be great if you can add a “Drag and Drop” handle to a group of fields defined by a section heading....
I would like to be able to re-order an entire block of fields that are associated with a section heading.
I am thinking of the "Section" headings acting as a "HTML Fieldset" equivalent.

At the moment if I add new data that requires a section heading I have to add this at the end of the data within a 1Password item.

At the moment I envisage using the feature as per the following example:

1)
Create a new "Section" heading and the associated standard field (at the end of the data), as per the existing feature.

2)
Click and hold the mouse to select the "Drag and Drop Handle" for a particular Section heading – allowing you to move both the heading and one or more associated fields together as a single block.

3) Move the cursor to a specific location before releasing to choose an insertion point - or alternatively release within a (clearly indicated) zone where the original is to escape / cancel the interaction.

Ideally you would also be able to insert a section heading (with associated standard field).
If you think about it, this is a related feature...

These features would allow me to better organise / associate related groups of information within a 1Password item.

This functionality should be applied to both Dropbox for Teams and the Desktop Applications.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bruce_Abel,

Thanks so much for the suggestion! You're certainly not the first person to request this feature ... in fact, it's pretty high on my own wish list. I'll be sure to let our team know that you are also a person of good taste and desire for organization. ;)

ref: OPM-1289

• jasonpress
    jasonpress
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I would like to add my vote to this feature request, exactly as described by @Bruce_Abel. I use sections a lot for organizing the information in my 1Password entries (which helps keep my "Notes" area from getting overloaded), and I often find myself needing to move the sections around. Copying/pasting the info isn't so bad if there are only one or two sections, but when I have four or five sections and want to, for example, move the 5th section to the 1st slot, I need to copy/paste every single one in order to rearrange them.

I found quite a few other posts requesting this same feature. I'd love to know if there's any kind of time estimate as to when this functionality might become available?

Thank you,
    JP

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jasonpress

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us and letting us know what you'd like to see in 1Password :chuffed: I hope that we're able to see something like this some day in 1Password. I'm very sorry but I can't give you a timeline for when we might be able to see this, but stay around 1Password so you see all the things we're doing to make it better :chuffed:

• dhjdhj
    dhjdhj
    Community Member
    Options

I was just going to ask for this as well - seems like obvious functionality

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know! It would certainly be nice to have, but it doesn't come up often and we try to work on things that will benefit more people. But hopefully we can add this in the future as well. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.