Possible to empty trash in iOS?

Options
justme12
justme12
Community Member

I was looking to empty trash after doing some cleaning out old logins on my iPad and don't see anywhere to empty the trash.

How on iOS?

1Password Version: 6.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 9.3.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@justme12: The mobile versions of 1Password don't have a way to access Trash like the desktop versions do, but you can use 1Password on your Mac (or PC) to manage the Trash. I hope this helps! :)

• justme12
    justme12
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty: that's what I figured. All these years I never tried to access Trash on my iOS devices.

What if people only use 1PW on an iOS device and no longer use a desktop computer?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @justme12,

If you’re using iOS only, then there is no way to access and delete the items in the Trash, but they won’t be getting in your way either.

I hope this helps!

• justme12
    justme12
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan - out of curiosity why can't Empty Trash be included on an iOS app?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@justme12: It could...but then there would have to be Trash there too. Since space is at a premium and there hasn't been much demand for it, for now Trash is not represented in 1Password for iOS. But it's certainly something we can consider for the future. :)

• justme12
    justme12
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty Makes sense. I do't know anything of building apps so was just curious if it was a technical restraint of iOS.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @justme12,

I’m glad that makes sense! If you have any other questions about 1Password, we’re always here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.