1Password won't sync via iCloud with my new phone

Options
ibroucek
ibroucek
Community Member

My iPhone 6 broke the other day and I had to get it replaced.

I had done a hard backup of my phone before getting the new one. Now when I am trying to login to 1Password via "use without an account" it won't recognize my master password. I select "sync with iCloud" and my password hint shows up below the password box (the hint is correct to my account), but my password does not work.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 4.3
OS Version: iOS 9.3.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ness_harding7
    ness_harding7
    Community Member
    Options

Did you ever have a chance to set up your Emergency Kit? If you did, your master password should be there and you can double check that it is the correct one. If not, you can try recovering your password.

If that doesn't help, this is a great help article for syncing issues: Trouble Syncing With iCloud

Hope that helps! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ibroucek: Just to be clear, if you're syncing with iCloud, it sounds like you may not have 1Password Account (from a 1Password Families/Teams subscription). So in that case don't use the account option during setup. Just "use without an account", and sync via iCloud...but you'll need to enter the correct Master Password for the vault you have stored there.

(Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password-not-accepted/

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.