Preference to permanently expand "Show more" in 1p mini - any updates?

Options
thebryceman
thebryceman
Community Member

This topic has been mentioned many times over the last few years but reading through the threads, there still has not been a satisfactory solution to address this frustrating problem: Can we please have a preference to permanently "Show More" in the 1P Mini browser, regardless of subdomain matching?

It appears many users have had the same frustration with multiple logins for several sites and it's a real pain having to click the "Show More" button all the time. Here are just a couple of the many threads that haven't been fully addresses or have been closed:
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/152445
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/48936/preference-to-control-show-more-or-not

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thebryceman

Thank you for writing to us and telling us what you would like to see in 1Password. You are right: this topic has been mentioned before and is under our radar. I'm sorry that we have not developed a solution for this as fast as you would like to see it, but we are always working to improve 1Password and I hope we'll get to something you like soon! I have added your vote to our tracker and I hope that we'll be able to see this some time soon :chuffed:

ref: OPM-1480

• thebryceman
    thebryceman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing progress.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thebryceman,

:) :+1:

• RandyChev
    RandyChev
    Community Member
    Options

Add my vote to the list. I've been using 1Password since 2007 (based on oldest created password). I just upgraded to 1PW6 a couple days ago while upgrading to El Capitan. I immediately found the "Show N More Items" situation to be totally frustrating. I have several sites that I use on a regular basis that have 4-10 accounts for each site which I manage for my family and or businesses. I've set them up sometimes alphabetically for the most common logins, but often I have sites that have no priority and I've used initials to make it possible to quickly type the login I need.

Well, not with 1PW Mini! I have to grab the mouse (I don't do that as much as some, often using LaunchBar to launch the website, and then a hotkey to activate 1PW Mini) and click on a VERY light gray notification of more items before I can find the login I need.

I've seen this issue acknowledged as an issue worthy of addressing since 2014, yet this thread makes it sound like its really not that big an issue. I suspect newer users don't know what they're missing so they don't say anything. However, to those of us who have been with you since the beginning, this IS a big deal.

• Hi @RandyChev ,

I have to say that it's also a very big deal to me. I personally would rather see that grow larger too. And yes, you are correct, this request has been around for a long time.

We generally don't comment on when a new feature is coming because sometimes issues crop up that cause delays, and other times that feature might conflict with something planning, or it might cause problems for other customers making us design it in a different way than what the request asked for. This makes it very hard to say if and when a feature is coming with certainty.

But, in all honestly, I can say have increased the priority of this feature due to yours and other customers' recent feedback. As I mentioned, I can't promise a date, or that we won't run into any issues causing delays, but we will be looking into this soon.

Thanks so much for writing in with your request too. It really matters and we appreciate all of it.

Regards,
    Kevin

• thebryceman
    thebryceman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for taking time to comment @RandyChev and @ag_kevin!
    @ag_kevin I appreciate you increasing the priority of this issue and look forward to future updates. Cheers!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thebryceman,

I’ll be sure to let our team know you’re excited to see this move forward. :)

• DavidABQ
    DavidABQ
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I would like to add my frustration to not having this ability as well. I have turned on the "Allow filling on pages that closely match websites", and although this helped, it still leaves my results list short. Even when I use the menu bar icon and enter a search term I still receive the "Show xx more items". This happens even though I am not in a web browser, but just searching 1Password for items that meet my search terms. I have numerous entries in 1Password that begin with the term "GMail" the results list only contains the first 5, with a "Show 7 more items" at the bottom. Likewise I have several entries in 1Password that start with "Apple", I see the first 5 items, with a "Show 8 more items" at the bottom. I use these and others more times than I can count each day and it is frustrating to have to do another click to show the entire list. It would be extremely helpful if this happened automatically, especially with large monitors that can show 80 or more items.

It is also even more frustrating in that you have to click the "Show xxx more items" for each and every category show in the results, this does get tedious.

I appreciate your help in changing this behavior.

Thanks, David

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for your feedback & thoughts about this @DavidABQ, and I'm sorry that's causing some frustration! Many of us would also like to see this changed - it'd be nice to have one less click to worry about! ;) I hope we'll be able to improve that.

• bsri12
    bsri12
    Community Member
    Options

Considering its now July 2017, any ETA that this feature being available? Have the latest 1Password 6 Version 6.7.1 (671001) and still dont see it.

• rudy
    Options

@bsri12,

I have contacted you via private message with an answer.

Rudy

• RandyChev
    RandyChev
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps... bsri12 isn't the only one interested in this... ?...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RandyChev: I'm not sure what you're saying/asking. Can you elaborate?

• RandyChev
    RandyChev
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the sarcasm that I thought would be obvious. Let me be more clear.

Why is bsri12 being given an answer in private when there are obviously others in this thread interested in a fix for this issue? I felt very slighted when I read Rudy's reply.

To expound on this issue a bit, I continue to find myself not realizing there are more logins or form completion data sets for a site and attempt to create a new one, when in actuality the one I wanted was hidden in the "more..." area. It continues to be a frustration for me.

Randy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

@RandyChev: Ah, no need to apologize. I didn't actually pick up on the sarcasm. I was just not sure how to respond. :blush:

I'm sorry that you felt slighted. I know that wasn't Rudy's intention. I can only imagine that he didn't ping you because the last we'd heard from you was nearly a year ago.

We don't have anything to announce in this area, but there might be a workaround. However, it's not something that would be appropriate for most users, so I'm not sure it's not something we want to share publicly on this forum.

I'll shoot you a private message shortly as well, and anyone else is free to request the same. But it's not really anything too exciting. ;)

• RandyChev
    RandyChev
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info. That did the trick!

You obviously know your users better than I but I would think most 1Password users would be comfortable issuing a Terminal "write" command and I see such plist modifications documented in all sorts of Mac OS related articles. I think that those who would not feel comfortable with it wouldn't even think to investigate a way to modify the Show More list and thus not be reading this thread.

In any case, I'm VERY GRATEFUL for you sending me the info you did.

RandyChev

• Thanks for the feedback, @RandyChev. :)

Rick

This discussion has been closed.