Master password doesn't work anymore

Options
felna04
felna04
Community Member

I use 1 password app every day. I have like 50 o more passwords there. I have use the app for 2 years. The app was working great, but I recently changed my email adress in my apple id account.
After that my master password didn't work anymore.

I just download the app I don't have any pro plan or team or family plan. I just use the on my iphone

What should I do please help. I have 2 years of my life there.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• felna04
    felna04
    Community Member
    Options

I use a iphone 6plus I have the lasted version of the app

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@felna04: Sorry for the confusion! Your Apple ID is in no way connected to your Master Password for your 1Password vault. Your Master Password isn't ever stored in iCloud. No matter what, you'll need to enter the correct Master Password to unlock your vault. (Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password-not-accepted/

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. If you deleted 1Password for iOS though, you will have deleted your data, so I hope you have it backed up or stored elsewhere! Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• felna04
    felna04
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your comments.

I had an Ipod touch and I'm trying to sync from iCloud. But I appeara to be a problem because it says that I dont have any data in ICloud to sync.

Please help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @felna04,

I'm so sorry that this is frustrating for you! Let's take a step back and make sure that we have all the pieces of the puzzle. To better understand what’s happening and how to help you, please detail your 1Password setup:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (Please include all relevant computers and devices)

Our Knowledgebase will help you find your 1Password version information:
    https://support.1password.com/check-app-version/

• What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?
    • Which device currently has your up-to-date 1Password data?
    • Were you previously syncing your data to iCloud or is this something that you are trying to set up now to access your data?

The more information you can give us, the better and more quickly we’ll be able to assist you.

This discussion has been closed.