I have a license for my mac computers, I have one of my iPhones but...

dajhnsn
dajhnsn
Community Member
edited July 2016 in iOS

I have a license for my mac computers, I have it on my iPhone 5s but would like to add it to my wife's iPhone 5s. I have downloaded the app to her iPhone but if I attempt to use it I need an account key, which I am clueless regarding.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have a license for my mac computers, I have one of my iPhones but don't know how to add 2nd.

Comments

• vee
    vee
    Community Member

Hey @dajhnsn,

If you're seeing a prompt for an Account Key but you aren't using 1Password for Teams or 1Password for Families (it sounds like you're not, and you would know if you were), you'll want to go back one screen and select "Use without an account" and then continue to follow the prompts to either set up a new vault if she's new to 1Password, or to sync with an existing vault via Dropbox or iCloud. Let us know how it goes or if you have any other questions! :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dajhnsn,

Please let me know if you have any questions after reading Vee’s response - she’s given you some great advice there. :)

• dajhnsn
    dajhnsn
    Community Member

Will let you know later today when I have time with her phone, but that sounds great and no doubt what I need to do.

• :+1: :)

Ben

• dajhnsn
    dajhnsn
    Community Member

Yep Vee was absolutely correct. Followed her directions and voila all is good.

• Awesome news. Thanks for sharing. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks for the assist @vee!

Ben

• vee
    vee
    Community Member

:blush: :+1:

• RajeshAcharya
    RajeshAcharya
    Community Member

I have installed 1Password on my iphone and macbook Pro.
    I have recently purchased a Windows laptop where I would like to use my 1Password App.
    I have downloaded 1Password from windows store. It syncs with my dropbox where I have saved my vault for 1Password. However I don't have the option of editing my data in 1password app in windows. How do I proceed

• Hi @RajeshAcharya

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

The 1Password 6 for Windows beta (what is available in the Windows Store) only has read-only capabilities for standalone (non-1Password account) vaults. It has full read/write capabilities for 1Password accounts for 1Password Teams and 1Password Families.

If you'd like to edit your 1Password data in a standalone vault on Windows you'll want 1Password 4 for Windows:

AgileBits Downloads

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.