Different sites with same login

norm
norm
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Is there a "best way" to deal with a situation where multiple sites have the same login (ID and PW)?

It is easy to set up each site but if I decide to change the password I will not necessarily remember to change it for all of the sites.

Apple sites are a good example. Same login for Apple Store, Support and My Info.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• rob
    rob
    edited December 1969
    norm wrote:
    Is there a "best way" to deal with a situation where multiple sites have the same login (ID and PW)?

It is easy to set up each site but if I decide to change the password I will not necessarily remember to change it for all of the sites.

Apple sites are a good example. Same login for Apple Store, Support and My Info.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Currently, there really isn't, as far as I know. However, the team is working on a way to list multiple domains as "aliases" so that you can use the same login for example on apple.com as on me.com. Does this help? The Apple store, support, and my info should all be able to use the same login, though, I would think. I guess not, though, if it's not working for you.
  • norm
    norm
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    <Rob /> wrote:
    Currently, there really isn't, as far as I know. However, the team is working on a way to list multiple domains as "aliases" so that you can use the same login for example on apple.com as on me.com. Does this help? The Apple store, support, and my info should all be able to use the same login, though, I would think. I guess not, though, if it's not working for you.

That helps. Thanks.

Those do use the same login. However, logging in to one does not log you in to the others so AFAIK one must go to the login page for each. Thus if one sets up a login for each and changes the password for one you get to the problem I am posing to Agile.

Thanks.
  • rob
    rob
    edited December 1969
    norm wrote:
    Those do use the same login. However, logging in to one does not log you in to the others so AFAIK one must go to the login page for each. Thus if one sets up a login for each and changes the password for one you get to the problem I am posing to Agile.

Why would you create a separate login if you can use the same login on all three? Unless you needed each address for Go & Fill?
  • norm
    norm
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    <Rob /> wrote:
    Why would you create a separate login if you can use the same login on all three? Unless you needed each address for Go & Fill?

I wouldn't say "needed" but you guessed it. I like to use 1PW and its Go & Fill.
  • rob
    rob
    edited December 1969
    norm wrote:
    I wouldn't say "needed" but you guessed it. I like to use 1PW and its Go & Fill.

OK, yeah, in that case...

I've been waiting for / wondering about aliases for a while now, too. I think it's been implemented to some extent because blogger.com and google.com show each other's 1P logins in the menu. I don't know exactly how far they've gotten with it, though.
  • sirris101
    sirris101
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I would love this feature--- the ability to use aliases. Was curious if there was any update in implementing, or another solution that has arisen?
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    No, sorry, there's no update on this at this time.
This discussion has been closed.