didn't remember wlan sync settings for primary vault on iPad

Options
vb_de
vb_de
Community Member

I use 1Password with two iOS Devices and an iMac. I have two vaults and sync via wlan. With my iPhone everything ist fine. Both vaults sync when i unlock 1Password on my iMac.
With the iPad sync basically works, but with the primary vault the sync options aren't remembered. I always have to do the setup again. With the second vault everything is fine.
What could be done, so that setup of wlan sync with both vaults are permanent?

1Password Version: 6.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: wlan
Referrer: forum-search:wlan sync two vaults

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @vb_de,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience. I'm not sure I follow though. With Wi-Fi sync the selection of which vaults to sync is done on the Mac, not the mobile devices, and it isn't possible to exclude the Primary vault.

Could you please walk me through the steps you normally take to sync your iPad?

Ben

• vb_de
    vb_de
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    de means Germany, so I'm sorry I didn't get it right in english. I try again ;-)

Your right, the Wi-Fi sync selection of the vaults are done on the Mac. That's working fine with my iPhone and almost with the iPad.
    I attached a screenshot with my settings of sync on my iPad.

The second vault is setup to wlan and I see the button "synchronize now".
    For the primary vault I have to setup the synchronization. When I do, it sync at the end, but the setting always looks the same. The sync is done once during setup, but not again.
    On my iPhone both vaults are setup to wlan and both vaults show the button "synchronize now".

vb_de

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @vb_de!

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• vb_de
    vb_de
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben
    I did the diagnostics and send the report via email. My support ID is [#GGE-79399-949].
    Waiting for your assist ;-)

vb_de

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vb_de,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: GGE-79399-949

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vb_de

After taking a look at the report I don't see anything wrong on the iOS device, which doesn't mean a lot but it just means that nothing is standing out as a problem.

Have you tried syncing one more time to make sure things are all transferred over, then remove 1Password and reinstall it? Once you re-set up syncing, I'd be curious if it stays working after the reinstall.

• vb_de
    vb_de
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @AGKyle
    Your assist solves the problem. 8-)
    Thank you very much.

vb_de

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update, @vb_de! Glad to hear that worked out. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.