Secure Notes freezing

Options
miffysmate
miffysmate
Community Member

We have a problem whereby when we open a secure note and then copy the info we need, the Secure Note freezes and cannot be closed down without closing the whole app. Does anyone have any solutions on this. We are using the latest version on El Capitan. Many thanks for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @miffysmate,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into this strange problem! We've heard about a problem like this a couple times, although very rarely, and we haven't been able to reproduce it on our own Macs. But others have also said it seems to happen after copying text from a Secure Note.

We can try taking a look into this to see if we're able to figure out why that's happening. It will help if you can let us know a few more details:

• What version of Mac OS X are you running?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • Are you using any clipboard tools, copy tools, or other similar types of apps on your Mac?
    • Does this only happen when copying text from a Secure Note in 1Password mini, or does it also happen from the main 1Password app?
    • Does it ever happen when copying text from other types of items? Or only Secure Notes?
    • Does this happen every time you copy text from a Secure Note? Or only sometimes?
    • What are the exact steps you take to reproduce this? For example, if it happens in 1Password mini, are you clicking the 1Password mini icon or using the ⌥⌘\ ( Option+Command+Backslash ) keyboard shortcut? How do you copy text from the note? (For example: ⌘C, or right-click & Copy, or something else?)
    • You said "We have a problem..." - does that mean this is happening on multiple Macs? Or just multiple people using the same Mac?

Thanks in advance! :)

• miffysmate
    miffysmate
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your assistance. I will come back to you with some answers, once I have tested your questions out. It is just one Mac that has the problem.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @miffysmate

We'll be waiting for you so we can get to the bottom of this! :chuffed:

• miffysmate
    miffysmate
    Community Member
    Options

Mac Version: 10.11.16
    1Password Version: 6.3.1 (631005)
    MAC App Store version
    Not using any clipboard apps
    Only using 1Password Mini
    Only happens in Secure Notes
    Only happens sometimes, not all the time
    Use CMD + C to copy
    Only a problem on one MAC

I hope this info helps. Many thanks for looking into this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@miffysmate: Are you having this problem only with specific Secure Notes? Is it maybe an extremely large one, or including special characters? I haven't encountered anything like what you describe. Without some more details it may be impossible to track down. Let me know what you find!

• miffysmate
    miffysmate
    Community Member
    Options

No apparently it appears to be all secure notes but I will ask him to keep a note of when it happens and let you know. Thank you

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @miffysmate!

I think that at this point, the best way to help us try to figure this out is to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from that Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.