Auto-Fill / Desktop Extension Questions

GregK
GregK
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have a 1Password Families subscription with Windows 10. I like it, BUT... I also sampled 1Password 4 (demo version) and like it too. I have about 79 logins via 1P4 and LOVE its Auto-Fill functionality as a desktop extension. It no longer allows me to add new logins, as it maxed out in the free demo version.
Q: Does 1Password Families offer Auto-fill functionality on websites? If not, will it soon??
Q: For someone who desires to have Auto-Fill on websites, do I need to buy a separate license to acquire 1P4 (in addition to my Families subscription)?
Please advise.
Thanks,
Greg K.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@GregK: 1Password never autofills anything, and it isn't something we have planned for the future, as it represents a potential privacy and security risk. However, if you're referring to having 1Password fill web forms when you tell it to, that's definitely an important feature. The 1Password for Windows version 6 beta supports basic login filling, and we're continuing to build on that (along with credit card and identity filling in time).

You're right that the stable 1Password 4 app is more fully featured than the beta, and while it won't work with 1Password Families (or Teams), we may be able to do something to help. I'll send you a private message with some additional details, so be sure to check for that. Cheers! :)

• GregK
    GregK
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

I wanted to say thank you for not only answering my questions, but for resolving my challenge.
    I do have a couple of questions about the version 6 beta. Will it somehow work with Families? If I have a 1P4 license, would there be a cost associated with eventually upgrading from version 4 to version 6, or is it like an Apple iOS upgrade that is always free?

Thanks and please forgive my ignorance; I'm still learning all of this and I'm pretty much a newbie who's trying to gain proficiency and get the full use out of your product.

• GregK
    GregK
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Glad I found this lounge because the staff is very helpful.

• Hi @GregK,

I do have a couple of questions about the version 6 beta. Will it somehow work with Families?

1Password 6 Beta is designed with 1Password Families and Teams in mind, it will definitely work with your 1Password account and with your local vaults in the same database as well. The only gotcha is that local vaults are read-only in 1Password 6 Beta, we're aiming to add the ability to modify your local vaults later this year.

If I have a 1P4 license, would there be a cost associated with eventually upgrading from version 4 to version 6, or is it like an Apple iOS upgrade that is always free?

We wish we have the cash that Apple have, believe me. However, free upgrades are not sustainable for us, especially if you'd like having our customer service team next to you all the way as you keep using the product.

For the local standalone license, we don't know yet what the price will be. Sometimes, we offer free upgrades but not always. 1Password 6 initially will be released for 1Password Families and Teams customers next month but standalone version will be offered later this year with full support for local vaults.

Also, if you go with 1Password Families/Teams, then it's no extra cost for all apps and its upgrades as long as your 1Password account is active. The costs are included in the annual or monthly price, so you get access to all 1Password apps and its future upgrades automatically.

Thanks and please forgive my ignorance; I'm still learning all of this and I'm pretty much a newbie who's trying to gain proficiency and get the full use out of your product.

No need to apologize, we absolutely understand and we're the one who should apologize as we're still in a major transition on Windows to support 1Password Families with a couple of new apps that's not yet fully done.

This discussion has been closed.