An idea?! - authenticator within 1password!!!

Options
Athelas
Athelas
Community Member

1st to say, love the software. Use it on both my iOs devices.
I registered to post just this idea I have. I came to have a new iphone and was migrating old one. All works BUT the blasted google authenticator. Apparently google removed migration options some time ago without notifying users. Help and tutorials still have recommendations on migration. I have some 20 codes there. You can imagine how much time and effort would it take to redo everything again.
Then i started checking alternatives to authenticator to prevent future issues like that. Then i started thinking about which app I mostly use for password.

And here I am- please add this functionality to 1password in future. Thnx for good work.

Comments

• Athelas
    Athelas
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot to say i put any and every important code family uses into 1 password. It never failed us. Thnx

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Athelas: First of all, thanks for the kind words! In fact, 1Password already supports Google Authenticator. Just edit your login item and create a new custom field with the "One-Time Password" type and enter your TOTP secret:

Then 1Password will use it to generate the codes for you. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Athelas
    Athelas
    Community Member
    Options

You should commercialize it more often and use the option more user friendly like its in authenticators. Can i scan bar code?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Athelas,

It sounds like this feature was a pleasant surprise for you! ;)

Can i scan bar code?

Absolutely! It's actually quite easy, and we show you how it all works here: Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

I'm really glad you enjoy 1Password so much, and I hope you also enjoy the One-Time Password feature! If you have more questions or need any help with that, please be sure to let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.