how to consolidate op.vault and agilekeychain

Options
clossw
clossw
Community Member

i hope this isn't a duplicate...I just spent 30 minutes getting this in writing.....Mac syncs with Dropbox/1Password/1Password.opvault. Iphone syncs with Dropbox/1Password/agilekeychain. Need both to sync with same file. How to consolidate without losing data? Sorry, but could not find article I can understand on this topic.

1Password Version: Mac 6.3.1; iphone 6.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.5; Iphone 9.3.2
Sync Type: Mac ??/;iphone icloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @clossw,

Thanks for writing in to ask for help! We can definitely help you merge the vaults and get your Mac and iPhone to sync correctly with each other.

Before following my steps below, you should backup your data on both your Mac and iPhone as a precaution. On your Mac, open 1Password and go to File > Backup. On your iPhone, you can create a backup file and save it to your Mac by following the steps here: 1Password backups

Once you're ready, all you need to do is disable sync on one of your devices, then re-enable it and choose the same sync file the other one is pointing to. Here are steps to do that on your iPhone:

• On your iPhone, open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary > Sync Service.
    • Tap Disable Sync and confirm you want to disable it.
    • In the sync settings, tap Start Syncing and choose Sync with Dropbox.
    • When you see your Dropbox account name, tap on the name (do not tap on the 'i' icon).
    • When asked to choose a vault, choose: /1Password/1Password.opvault
    • Enter your master password and choose to merge when prompted.
    • Allow Dropbox to complete the sync.

When you merge, it will compare the 1Password data on the device to the 1Password data in Dropbox, and update both so they each have all of the same information. If one has items that are missing from the other, it will copy them so they both have the same items. Nothing will be deleted unless you've specifically deleted it yourself.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.