1Password mini textbook slowly accepting text & sometimes freezing with spinning rainbow wheel

Options
acrooks
acrooks
Community Member

Hello,

I have been a 1Password user for OS X and iOS for a while now and in the last month or two, perhaps a bit more, I have noticed that the 1Password Mini widget that I access from the menu bar of my Mac has been particularly laggy, sometimes freezing.

In particular:

1. Sometimes when I open the widget to type in my master password the textbox takes a very long time to receive my input. So for example if I quickly type "hello" it will take several seconds for the "•••••" to appear in the box.

2. Sometimes when I open the widget and interact with it some way (typing a password, hitting enter after typing a password), the widget will completely freeze, staying open, and displaying a rainbow spinner. The only way to resolve this is to open the force kill the 1Password Mini process.

I have only experienced this issue in the top-level 1Password Mini widget. It has never come up on the Safari extension or main 1Password app, however the lion's share of my 1Password usage on my Mac is through the menu bar widget so that may just be because

1Password Version: 5.4 (540046)
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: OS X 10.11.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @acrooks,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

It appears that you are using an old version of 1Password. I think you will find everything resolved if you update to 1Password 6. It's a free update for all 1Password 5 license holders. And since you are running OS X El Capitan, your system is capable of running it.

Download 1Password 6 for Mac

I would also recommend keeping OS X up to date if the version you provided wasn't a typo. You indicated you are running OS X 10.11.2, but the current version is 10.11.5. :)

Let me know how it goes with the current version of 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.