Safari extension not showing up in toolbar (or working from stand alone app) macOS public beta 1 & 2

Options
dasocrplar
dasocrplar
Community Member

Has anyone seen this issue? Any resolution? I am receiving it after downloading 1Password Extension 4.5.7 &
4.5.8.b2.

1Password Version: 6.3.1.
Extension Version: 4.5.7 & 4.5.8.b2
OS Version: 10.12 Beta (16A254g)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dasocrplar,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

The first thing I'd try is simply restarting Safari. If that doesn't work, try restarting your Mac. If that doesn't work, try installing the extension from the Safari Extension Gallery.

Let me know how it goes.

• dasocrplar
    dasocrplar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately, none of those three options worked.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry that didn't resolve things. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, Starting with the macOS Sierra betas, Apple is redirecting that link to launch the App Store, and of course, there's no extensions available yet. Best bet is to download the extension from the AgileBits site. When you get the message with "Cancel" or "Trust," you must click "Trust." Then double-click the widget in your download folder.

• dasocrplar
    dasocrplar
    Community Member
    Options

@vplewis that didn't work either. The error occurs after selecting "Trust".

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dasocrplar, please do let me know the support ID you receive after sending the Diagnostics Report. :+1:

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@dasocrplar I just now ran thru the procedure again to make. One difference I see is that I'm using the latest Safari Tech Preview, and also, I double-click the widget in the Safari menu bar located in this screenshot. HTH

• dasocrplar
    dasocrplar
    Community Member
    Options

@khad here you go - support ID is [#WCS-19287-286]

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.
    ref: WCS-19287-286

• m4rouf
    m4rouf
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I'm having the same issue on the MacOS Sierra beta - did you get anywhere with this?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for asking, @m4rouf! I'm happy to post the solution that worked for dasocrplar. :)

Try setting aside your entire ~/Library/Safari folder:

1. Quit Safari
    2. In Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
    3. Go to the folder: ~/Library
    4. Drag the Safari folder to your desktop.

When you open Safari again, are you able to install the 1Password extension?

• m4rouf
    m4rouf
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the reply. I've always been able to install it - it just doesn't show up in the toolbar when I click the 1Password icon or when I try to use the 1Password contextual menu item. I tried your suggestion anyway and reinstalled it, though, but to no avail.

The standalone app works fine but 1Password Mini doesn't seem to connect to the browsers (Google Chrome and Safari).

Thanks,

m4rouf

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Gotcha! Thanks for following up to clarify. We'll work with you in the thread for the other issue then. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.