My wife forgot her password. I'm trying to re-boot her 1Password account and start over. How?

david_lewicki
david_lewicki
Community Member

I can't see in the Help>Troubleshooting menu where to re-boot and start over. Help?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.6.8
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My wife forgot her password. I'm trying to re-boot her 1Password account and start over. How?

Comments

• Hi @david_lewicki

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I've moved this post from our iOS forum to our Mac forum as it sounds from your post as though you are trying to do this on a Mac? Is that correct?

1Password 3 was retired some time ago, and has not received updates since 2014. Is your wife's computer not capable of running a newer OS, which would enable her to run a newer version of 1Password?

To start over with 1Password 3 for Mac you'll want to quit 1Password and all web browsers, find your wife's 1Password.agilekeychain file, make a backup of it, and then move it to the trash. By default this file should be in ~/Library/Application Support/1Password. This is a hidden folder in some versions of OS X, so you may have to use the Finder's Go > Go to Folder menu to access it.

Once you've moved the keychain to the trash you can restart 1Password and it should prompt you to create a new keychain.

Please let us know.

Ben

• david_lewicki
    david_lewicki
    Community Member

Great, Ben. I got it. Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are quite welcome! :)

Have a great weekend! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.