I was charged twice - once on one credit card then I was asked to renew and I entered another card

Options
kpossemato
kpossemato
Community Member

I have a license key and I was prompted this week for a renewal past my free trial period. I entered a credit card ending in 3184 and then I also got charged on another card (which must have been entered when I registered) ending in 3889.
Both cards triggered fraud alerts for some reason. I approved the 3889 one, but since the 3184 one is a duplicate, I declined it.
Can you please tell me what happened?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:charged twice

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @kpossemato,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry for any confusion.

We never request a credit card when you download and install the free trial of 1Password for Mac. The only time we ask for one is when you are actually purchasing a license. So I'm not sure what happened there. I can confirm that I am only seeing a single charge for a 1Password Standalone License ($64.99) in our system. That was a few days ago: July 19, 2016.

I looked to see if you might have also signed up for a 1Password Families subscription, but I wasn't able to find a family account associated with your email address. Please do let me know if you had intended to subscribe to 1Password Families. In that case, we can get things sorted out with your family subscription and refund the standalone license purchase since a family subscription already includes all the apps.

As far as I can tell, you were only charged once, but please let me know if you are seeing something different. We certainly don't want money that you didn't intend to provide to us. :)

• kpossemato
    kpossemato
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much. I'm concerned about being asked to pay for the renewal. Can you confirm that the 3889 card id the one you have on file?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kpossemato,

We don't actually keep any credit card information on file for standalone license purchases. Since they are not recurring charges, there is no need to keep anything on file. Additionally, our payment processor handles the one time transaction, so we never see (even part of) your card number.

You won't be charged again unless you explicitly make another purchase (or sign up for a family subscription).

But please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

• kpossemato
    kpossemato
    Community Member
    Options

OK Great! Thank you!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's my pleasure to help. :)

Have a fantastic weekend! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.