Just joined...do I have to leave the autofill password section in safari preferences

Options
pranavkachhi
pranavkachhi
Community Member

Just joined...do I have to leave the autofill password section in safari preferences

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Just joined...do I have to leave the autofill password section in safari preferences?

Comments

• pranavkachhi
    pranavkachhi
    Community Member
    Options

• margeau
    margeau
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @pranavkachhi,

Welcome to 1PW. If I understand the question correctly, you are asking about disabling the AutoFill function in Safari's password management system because you don't have need of it now that you are using 1PW. I have the AutoFill box unchecked in Preferences and am running the latest version of Safari (9.1.2) very successfully.

Of course, if you are still collecting your login credentials from Safari you may need the information from AutoFill until you have saved them all in 1PW. :)

I hope the rest of your set-up is smooth. You will find there are lots of friendly folks here in the forum looking out for each other.
    Margeau

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pranavkachhi,

Thanks for asking about this.

Just like margeau, I also have AutoFill disabled in Safari. We recommend disabling it to avoid confusion. I've seen some people think that they saved a password in 1Password, but it was really only saved in Safari. Then they couldn't access it in their other browser or in 1Password on another device.

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.