Forgot password for 1password 6 for MAC. What are my options?

Options
chaslow
chaslow
Community Member

Installed 1password 6 on my Macbook months ago but have not used it. Forgot Master password. How do I uninstall and start over?

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: 6.005
OS Version: OS 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Forgot password for 1password 6 for MAC. What are my options?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@chaslow this knowledge base article will guide you:

How to start over with an empty vault

Stephen

• chaslow
    chaslow
    Community Member
    Options

Deleted extension from OS keychain suggested on another website. This is all I have done. Help>troubleshoot> cycles back to the instructions to go the help. How do I delete 1P and start over or should I abandon 1P and try another program?

1Password Version: 6.1
    Extension Version: 6.005
    OS Version: OS X 9.1.1 (11601.6.1)
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Troubleshooting>starter does not give me instructions.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@chaslow I already answered your post on the same issue in another thread which you started and have now merged the two threads so everything is kept in the same place. The knowledge base article referred to in my previous post should help you and you shouldn't need to be doing anything with the OS X keychain.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chaslow: Indeed,there's no need to reinstall. Just choose Help > Troubleshooting > Start Over and you'll be good to go. Cheers! :)

• prettybaby
    prettybaby
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot my password

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @prettybaby,

Sorry for the delayed response here! I see that you also emailed us for help with this, and someone from our team has replied to that (if you didn't receive the email, please make sure you check any junk folders/spam filters to see if it was caught there). We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there. Thanks! :)

ref: TZI-57966-178

This discussion has been closed.