Try to import Folders from KeePassX

Options
medienvirus
medienvirus
Community Member

Hi,

i buyed the Software 1 Password and would like to switch to it from KeePassX. I did everything what is written inside the PDF https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30286/mrcs-convert-to-1password-utility/p1 - it works fine. Except the thing with the folders. When i import the generated 1P_import.1pif it imports Tags instead of Folders.

Here is my command i used inside of my Terminal: perl5.16 convert_to_1p4.pl keepass2 -v -f ../pm_export.txt

What am i doing wrong and what can i do to get rid of this issue?

Thank you in advance
Cheers
Jens

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.15
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@medienvirus ,

Add the --folder option to your command line.

Option: --folders

The --folders option supports the creation of Folders in 1Password, and places your records into the same folder hierarchy as supported in your password manager. This feature is disabled by default, because the converter is unaware of existing folders in your vault. If you use this option, all Folder names existing in the vault are ignored, and the converter will create new Folders, possibly with names identical to those already in your vault. In addition, re-running the converter and re-importing will duplicate the Folder names, since new unique folder identifiers are created each time the converter is run. For best results, import converted data only into a fresh vault.

• medienvirus
    medienvirus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

thank you. This works. Great! :)

Cheers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad MrC was able to help. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.