1password task bar icon ongoing annoyance

Options
telUK
telUK
Community Member

Hi

I reported this a while back but am still unable to find a fix, Ive tried everything from uninstalling/reinstalling, changing settings and so on...

Basically the 1 password task bar icon keeps opening and requesting my password when I'm browsing the internet it always happens when I load up a random page or when i click the home button in my browser.

It is random and does not always do it, but 90% of the time it does.

If I sign into 1password the problem goes away but sometimes I do not require the use of 1password.

And to narrow this problem down it only seems to happen in Safari browser, I have installed Chrome and it does not happen.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@telUK: Very odd. Do you have the 1Password extension installed in both Safari and Chrome? I'm guessing the answer is "yes", but I'd rather not assume anything, given the strangeness of this case.

If so, try removing the Safari extension and see if the problem persists. I imagine it won't. Then try installing a fresh copy and let me know what happens. Anything unusual about your Safari usage that may account for the difference with Chrome? Let me know what you find!

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi

I was having this problem before Chrome was installed so there is no conflict between both browsers.

I uninstalled the Safari extension and from the short test I did, the problem vanished. I installed it again and the problem occurred again.

Whats odd is its not the actual extension opening within the browser but the task bar icon, but from the above test I did it seems something is connected causing the problem.

Maybe others would notice it who use Safari, but perhaps a lot of people on here log straight into 1password, so never see it occur.

Thanks

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Here is a video I made to show you the problem its very random but from the video I managed replicate the issue between clicking the home button and agilebits forum page.

https://youtu.be/ehjidfjtzmg

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @telUK

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem after so long! Looking at what's going on in your computer with 1Password is the next step!

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar

Thanks, I have sent a report

ID XJB-65538-468

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @telUK,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: XJB-65538-468

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

As per email correspondence, the issue seems to be fixed.

Things that I did:

-Deleted all my quick links in my browser bar (these were not 1password quick link bookmarks)

-Cleared all Safari history

For the last 2 days I have not had any prompts from 1password mini requesting master password.

It seems like there was some conflicts somewhere, but I have no idea what that could of been. Maybe it was the quick links causing the problem but the problem was happening when I was inputting a random url into the browser as well.

Im just pleased that its fixed itself, touch wood!!!

Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear that's fixed now! Thanks for following up to let us know how it all worked out.

Hopefully you're all set now, but we're here for you if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.