Copying Mac license to Android

Options
sjaffe
sjaffe
Community Member

I have 1Password 4.4.3 running on my Mac. I just upgraded to El Capitan (from Mavericks) so I will probably be upgrading 1Password too soon (as soon as I get all the El Capitan kinks sorted out). In the meantime, the copy of 1Password I have on my Android tablet has started to bug me about "trial expires soon". I thought I only needed one license and could copy it to multiple devices? If so, how do I get my Mac license key over to the Android tablet and install it? A more interesting question is, perhaps, why isn't the license key part of what is stored in the file that is synced to the Android tablet via Dropbox?

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac Os 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @sjaffe. 1Password's Pro features are a separate purchase from the desktop license. Unfortunately because of how the Play Store is designed, we are not able to bundle the premium features on Android with 1Password on other platforms. The in-app purchase is handled directly through the Play Store and is linked to your Google account. So there's no actual license linked to the purchase.

That said, 1Password for Android is free to use and has full functionality during its 30 day trial. After the trial period it becomes limited to a reader. This means that you can sync, view, and fill your data, but you won't be able to add or edit items from Android without the Pro features. You can read more about it here:
    https://support.1password.com/pro-features-android/

If you've applied your license to 1Password on Mac, it should indeed appear in your vault as a Software License. Do you see your 1Password for Mac license in your Software Licenses category?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sjaffe: Correct. 1Password for Android is read-only without the Pro upgrade, but you're free to use it that way indefinitely if you're happy managing your vault on the computer. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.