Can I migrate a 1Password4 vault to 1Password Teams?

I currently run OX 10.9.5 and have 1Password 4.4.2 on my mac, and IOS 8 on my iPhone. I am using a Dropbox sync. But I occasionally use Linux systems and need access to my passwords when neither my Mac nor iPhone are handy. So, I signed up for 1Password Teams.
I would like to migrate my 1Password4 vault to 1 Password Teams; however, the example assumes a more recent version of 1Password than I have available. Is it possible to migrate my 1Password4 vault to 1Password Teams easily?

I realize that the two vault systems are differently designed and that I would have to maintain both vaults separately until a time that I can upgrade my Mac and iPhone. I am ok with that. I just don't want to have to type in 100's of existing logins.

1Password Version: 4.4.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Can I migrate a 1Password4 vault to 1Password Teams?

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gregory_Sivakoff

Unfortunately, 1Password Teams is a brand new way to use 1Password that wasn't available when 1Password 4 was released. I'm sorry for the bad news, but in order to migrate your data easily into your Team account you need to have 1Password 6 installed. :frown: If you can't get access to a more recent OS to install 1Password 6, then maybe you can just pick a few of the most important logins to copy into your account to begin with, and try to add one or two more every day. Some process that wouldn't make all this so cumbersome! I'm very sorry we don't have a better answer regarding Teams and legacy OS.

If there's anything else we can do for you, just let us know! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.