I am switching from a Families trial to a regular account and can't seem to figure it out.

almostsurreal
almostsurreal
Community Member

I bought the license, do I have to create another account? How do I transfer my passwords?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am switching from Families to regular account

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @almostsurreal,

I’m sorry that this process is a bit confusing, but don’t worry, you’ve come to the right place! We’d be happy to help you get set up.

First, though, I’m going to need a bit more detail about your current set up to ensure we’re giving you the best instructions:

• Which platforms are you currently using 1Password on? (Instructions will be slightly different depending on the app you’re using).
    • Could you provide the version information for both 1Password and the operating systems you use?

Once we know more, we’ll be able to get you sorted out. :)

• almostsurreal
    almostsurreal
    Community Member

I actually figured it out. I had to sign out of my Families account because the regular 1password doesn't have a login like Families.

I also synced my accounts by exporting my Families passwords and then I imported them to my Mac. I then wifi synced my Mac 1password to my phone. BOOM.

Thanks though :+1:

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @almostsurreal,

I’m so glad to hear you’re all sorted out! Thanks for letting us know. :)

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.